2) Copy the questions into your own blog post, or into a word processing document, and answer the questions.
3) Write your own blog post with the questions and answers. Be sure to share a link to your blog post with Jill and as a comment on this post.
Here is mine:
1) What are the titles and URLs of your genealogy blog/s?
2) Do you have a wonderful “Cousin Bait” blog story? A link to a previous blog post might answer this question.
My entire blog is cousin bait! I have had more cousins reach out to me from finding my blog with google than with any other tool!
3) Why did you start blogging? Is there someone who inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging after stumbling upon Randy Seaver’s GeneaMusings blog. I was looking for some how to’s for Family Tree Maker and google pointed me to Randy’s blog!
4) How did you decide on your blog/s title/s?
It just came to me!
5) Do you ever blog from mobile devices? What are they?
I do not blog from any mobile devices. Only my home PC.
6) How do you let others know when you have published a new post?
I use Social Media to inform others, HootSuite Pro to be exact!
7) How long have you been blogging?
About two and half years.
8) What widgets or elements do you consider essential on a genealogy blog?
SI CAPTCHA Anti-Spam has become a necessity recently.
9) What is the purpose of your blog/s? Who is your intended audience?
The blog serves two purposes for me, first to inform family of our heritage and second as cousin bait for further research.
10) Which of your posts are you particularly proud of?
11) How do you keep up with your blog reading?
I receive google alerts via email for keywords & read my Feedly RSS Feed daily.
12) What platform do you use for publishing your blog/s?
13) What new features would you like to see in your blogging software?
I would like to see more social media scheduling plugins.
14) Which of your posts has been the most popular with readers?
7448 Views – Follow Friday: The In-Depth Genealogist
3703 Views - Follow Friday: The Ancestor Hunt
15) Are you a sole blogger or do you contribute to a shared blog?
I have taken part in both forms of blogs.
16) How do you compose your blog posts?
I use Microsoft Word and copy and paste into WordPress.
17) Do you have any blogs that are not genealogy related? If you wish please share their titles and URLs.
18) Have you listed your blog/s at Geneabloggers?
19) Which resources have helped you with your blogging?
20) What advice would you give to a new Genea-blogger?
START NOW! It is important that your family story be shared.
Jason Wayne Crews © 2013 GenealogySphere.com
596 total views, 1 views today